Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 7+8

Took the early bus again, this time to Vienna. After finding the hostel, went off to see the Stephansdom. The exterior of the church, has this ghotic feel like the cathedral at Prague castle.



Went for the tour of the Catacombs below the church which was quite interesting can see all these bones in rooms where people were buried long ago. There are really alot of bones, so the housekeeper of the church has to walk through them when he changes the lightbulbs in the room!

The weather in Europe has been damn hot the past few days... it was 33 degrees yesterday in Bratislava and I was panting from the walking. So after the church I bought an icecream which was really good.


I was also fortunate enough to see the graduation ceremony for police cadets, which was taking place on the square just outside the church. I'm not sure why they chose to have the ceremony right in the middle of town, but I guess its a really good idea cause the cadets can feel the people around them and know what their training for.




After that went to the Naschmarket, which sold alot of spices and foodstuff.

Met this Spurs Fan from London in my hostel room. Hes also traveling alone and heading to Bosnia, Serbia so cant wait to see his photos. haha quite happy also cause I heard these 3 girls talking in the hostel and I guessed correctly that they were danish, or rather Greenland. One of them just graduated high school and even brought her fisherman cap along with her. The cap is something they get after they graduate from high school, and what I was surprised was that they dun just throw it to one side but wear it with pride everywhere they go.

Next day, went to the Vienna Imperial Palace and saw people lazing on the grass and enjoying the sun, so I lazed there for a while as I din have any plans.

After that had what would probably be my last currywurst in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment