Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 9

Slept over at London Gatwick, which has definitely been my best airport to sleep in to date. There are lots of benches and some do not have armrests between them, so I could stretch out properly and get some shuteye. Took the early flight to Marrakesh and at the Riad had a mint tea while the manager briefed me. Mint tea is like their everyday drink. They use green tea and then add mint and sugar.
I must say that the first time I went to the main square, I was overwhelmed by people shouting out to me or rather to HONDA to view their shop/take peekture of them/ get a henna. However, I've learnt that theres no need to shoo them off or act blur, cause a handshake and telling them that Im from Singapore and not JapanKoreaChinaHongkong will have them treating you as friends and thats how I met these 3 friends later in the day.



Lunch : Had the couscous with chicken for lunch. Heard that morrocan women do not wear jeans cause eating couscous makes them fat.



The main square is really bustling with life at night... sellers come out and set up stalls while there are also many performers from boxing to acrobats to dancing. No peektures of the performances though cause if they see me taking, will ask for money. The food sellers quite funny cause when they see angmoh, they'll go ," SUP HOMIES!".





Decided to risk my stomach and eat at the stalls. Had the tagine with chicken and the calamari for dinner. The food not bad but they quite smart serve small portions so you will keep ordering.



I think yip will like this.

Daytrip to Ourika Valley tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment