Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 5

Budapest! Awesome!... One of my favourite cities to date along with Edinburgh and Prague. Went for the Free walking tour in the morning and in my opinion was one of the best i've been on thus far both in terms of the guide and what it had to offer.






The walk had several 'lucky' statues. First, there was this little boy which people rub his kness and make a wish. So of course I rub la.




Then, there was this stature of a horse, which school children during the communist era used to come to rub its balls before their exams for luck but now people rub to improve their you know what. So of course I rub la.. ..not that I need.



Epic Fail Communist errected monument. Its a good thing the water comes out from the sides.



After that, went for lunch at this place the guides recommended. Had the vadgult and galuska which a Hungarian student in the group recommanded me. I was really surprised when he mentioned that he came for the tour to learn more about his city. I've no idea if Singapore has tours like this and I cant say that I will join to learn more about my city.



After that, went to the central market which sold alot of spices, foodstuff. I had no idea that paprika was a very hungarian thing. Apparently, they use a lot of lard, paprika and sour cream in their seasoning.

After that, went for a Hungarian Bath at the Széchenyi Medicinal Bath. Really nice to soak in the water and then swimming for a while.



Daytrip to Bratislava tomorrow. Too bad their match was today....

No comments:

Post a Comment